Friday, May 22, 2009

iPhone SEO

I've spent the day doing battle with the iTunes search engine and I just couldn't figure it out. I have four apps on the app store right now and only one of them was responding to matches on words in my app descriptions.

Basically the whole text was not showing in the index. In the app that was working, text at the top and at the bottom of the index is showing up in searches. Nothing but the title is matching on the broken descriptions.

I tried all kinds of things, even switching the browser that I used to edit the text. Nothing worked. This was seriously effecting my sales.

And then someone in the developer forums made a suggestion for a fix. Evidently Apple has started clamping down on app name dropping. I was mentioning three well known apps in my description. I removed the references and waited a bit and now everything is fixed. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment